National Agriculture Education College is working on upgrading AHS (Agriculture High Schools) curriculum; therefore NAEC has selected some AHS for piloting new curriculum.
For piloting the new curriculum, NAEC has started Direct Support with AHS and provided some lab equipment, farm equipment, furniture, farm design, fencing and solar energy system.
For using the provided equipment and practical work, NAEC conducted Plant Science Lab training for 19 AHS teachers from Kabul, Parwan, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman and Kunar provinces.
The mentioned lab training included the following topics:
- Basics of Lab Management
- Plant cell & Phloem and Xylem tissues test
- Identification of Fungi & Bacteria
- Seed Germination Test
- Seed Purity Test
- Seed Viability & Seed Morphology Test
- Soil Sampling & Texture Analysis
- Soil PH Determination
- Soil Moisture and Bulk Density Determination