In last four years, poultry production was taught by DCA (Dutch Committee for Afghanistan) trainers but this year it is taught by animal science department at NAEC.
With the following practical contents:
- Selection of eggs for hatching in poultry production.
- Installation of hatchery machine.
- Arrangement of eggs in the hatchery machine.
- Daily observation and record keeping of hatching eggs
- Disinfection of eggs during different stages of hatching
- Daily movement of eggs inside the machine
- Test of eggs performance on 7th and 14th
- Management of day old chicks from machine on 21 day.
- Making hen-coop for newborn chicks
- Vaccination and nutrition of newborn chicks.